"An astonishing young cellist Ruslan Biryukov. The audience gave the concert a standing ovation. If the first concert is any consideration, I would get my tickets early!" - Wendy Kikkert, Beverly Hills Outlook
"To say the performance was incredible would not do it justice." - Jose Ruiz, Review Plays
" ...musicality and technique that immediately commanded the attention of the listener, playing with great nervous intensity one moment and melting lyricism the next. There was no challenge too great for RusLan. His interpretation was nothing short of stunning..."
- Ted Ayala, Crescenta Valley Weekly
Click HERE to visit COOL CLASSICS RADIO SHOW WEBSITE: www.TheCoolClassics.com
Click HERE to watch & listen for the COOL CLASSICS RADIO SHOWS PODCASTS
Click HERE to visit SAN BERNARDINO WEBSITE: http://www.SanBernardinoSymphony.org/
Click HERE to BOOK TICKETS: www.pcdateam.org/russiannights/
Click HERE to visit San Bernardino Symphony WEBSITE: www.SanBernardinoSymphony.org/
Click HERE to visit INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL in GERMANY WEBSITE: www.IMFGermany.org
Zoe Lavoie Gagne at Summit Festival in New York
Meagan Wu performance with CYO
Grace Thomas after winning Satori Contest
Meagan Wu poster for Dvorak Concerto performance with CYO
Ruslan watching his students perform atteh competition
Zoe Lavoie-Gagne and Stephen Yang after winning Walker Competition
RUSLAN's STUDENTS | RECENT NEWS:
- Ruslan's student Nathan Le won 3rd Prize and Bronze Medal at the 8th International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow (Summer 2014).Video below is Nathan's performance at the Big Hall of Tchaikovsky Moscow Conservatory (Tchaikovsky Competition Third Round)
CLICK HERE to watch Nathan's performance on youtube.com
- Paul Maxwell won 3rd Prize at eth Goodlin Scholarship Competition in San Diego, CA (2016)
- Student Paul Maxwell won 1st Prize at the San Diego Symphony Concerto Competition and will perform Saent SAens cello concerto with SDYS on June 17, 2016
- Student Paul Maxwell won 1st Prize at the Inland Valley Symphony Concerto competition and soloed with IVS on March 17, 2016 in Temecula, CA
- Nathan Le won 1st Prize at the Young Musicians Foundation Scholarship Audition (2016)
- Nathan Le won 2nd Prize at the Occidental College Concerto Competition (2016)
- Ann Young won Principal Cellist Audition at the Arcadia High School
- Nathan Le performed a solo recital at the L"ermitage Concert Series in Bevery Hills with pianist Robert Thies (2016)
- Ann Yeung won Grand Prize at the Satori Music Competition in Los Angeles (2015)
- Nathan Le was chosen finalist for teh Mondavi International Competition and From The Top TV Show with Christopher O'Riley (2015)
- Alex Hwang won Principal Cello Audition at the San Diego High School and was accepted for the participation at the X International Tchaikovsky Competition in Novosibirsk, Russia (2015)
- Nathan Li performed Haydn and Dvorak Cello concerti with Armenian State Symphony in Erevan, Armenia. First Lady of Armenian Republic was present at the concerts.
- Student Stephen Yang won First Prize in the Golden Era of Romantic Music Competition in New York and will perform in Carnegie Hall (NY) twice, on December 14 and December 20 (2014)
- Student Stephen Yang was announced Second Place Winner of the American Protege International Competition of Romantic Music, Stephen will perform in Carnegie Hall (NY) on December 20 (2014)
- Student Edward Chang won Principal Position with the First Avenue Middle School Symphony Orchestra (October 2014)
- Students Stephen Yang, Nathan Le, Zoe Lavoie-Gagne and Nathan Kim were accepted for participation in the 8th International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow (2014)
- Giuliana Hashemi-Asasi won Los Angeles Cello Society Competition (LAVS), 3rd Prize and was invited to participate in California Music Clinic in Cal State Fullerton (2014)
- Ann Yeung won 1st Prze at the South-West Bach Festival, 3rd Prize at the San Diego MTAC VOCE Competition and 1st Prize at the Satori Competition in Arcadia (2014)
- Meagan Wu won RB Chorale Scholarship Audition was appointed Principal Cellist for San Diego Youth Symphony (SDYS)
- Meagan Wu was accepted into Stanford University
- Zoe Lavoie-Gagne won 3rd Prize at the MTAC VOCE Competition in San Diego and performed at Carnegie Hall in New York on April 25, 2014
- Stephen Yang was appointed Assistant Principal Cellist for San Diego Youth Symphony (SDYS)
- Yurim (Rachel) Seo was accepted to Stanford University
- Zoe Lavoie-Gagne, Stephen Yang, Kobi Hsu and Jason Tong won 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prized respectively on John Walker Competition in Cal State Pomona.
- Meagan Wu, Zoe Lavoie-Gagne and Stephen Yang sucsessfuly toured Europe with Mozart Academy of Music (Germany).
- Meagan Wu sucsessfully performed Dvorak Cello Concerto with Civic Youth Orchestra (CYO) in Poway Center for the Arts
- Yurim (Rachel) Seo sucsessfully performed Shostakovich Cello Concerto No. 1 with Orange County Youth Symphony Orchestra (OCYSO) and gave World Premiere of Brendan McBrien "Convergence" for two celli with orchestra (Irvine High School Philharmonic Orchestra)
- Meagan Wu won 1st prizes on MTAC Concerto competition and Goodlin Scholarship Auditions.
- Meagan Wu, Kobi Hsu, Zoe Lavoie-Gagne and Stephen Yang were accepted into Summer Music Clinic in Cal State Fullerton
- Zoe Lavoie-Gagne received an invitation to participate in Summit Music Festival in New York
- Yurim (Rachel) Seo toured United Kingdom as Principal Cellist with Orange County Youth Symphony Orchestra (OCYSO)
- Zoe Lavoie-Gagne and Juiliana Hashemi-Asasi shared 1st Prize on Satori String Contest in Prodigy Category
- Jason Tong and Edward Chang won 1st and 2nd Prized respectively on Satori String Contest in Open Category.
- Ann Yeung, Grace Thomas and Vincent Sanches won 1st Prizes on Satori String Contest in Junior Category.
- Margaret Zhou's performance of Shostakovich Cello Concerto No.1 with La Jolla Symphony was published. Video is below or Click HERE to watch.
Sunday, May 22, 2016 @ 5PM
Trios and saloon pieces by Dvorak, Tchaikovsky & Gershwin
Ruslan Biryukov, cello
Katia Popov, violin
Robert Thies, piano
415 Oaklawn Ave.
South Pasadena, CA
Tix/info: $170-$275 www.pcdateam.org/russiannights/
Sunday, May 28, 2016 @ 7:30PM
California Theatre of Performing Arts|
562 W. 4th St., San Bernardino, CA 92401
San Bernardino Sympony
Tchaikovsky: ROCOCO Variations
Popper: Hungarian Rhapsody
Ruslan Biryukov, cello
Maestro Frank Fetta
Tix/info: $35-$55 http://www.SanBernardinoSymphony.org/
Thursday, June 16, 2016 @ 8PM
L'Ermitage Concert Series|
LUXE HOTEL in BEL AIR
LA CELLO QUARTET
Trevor Handy | Armen Ksjikian
Mia Barsia-Colombo | Ruslan Biryukov
Program: Armenian Medieval Chants, A.Zemchuznikov "Invitation", Popper "Suite"
Friday, August 2-12, 2016
International Music Festival in Germany|
More info: www.imfgermany.org
Friday, August 19, 2016 @ 7PM
Lalo Cello Concerto
Ruslan Biryukov, cello
Maestro Frank Fetta
Redlands Bowl Symphony
More info: www.RedlandsBowl.org
Please view the updated calendar for future details and performances.
To book Ruslan Biryukov, please visit our contact page.