Zoe Lavoie Gagne at Summit Festival in New York
Meagan Wu performance with CYO
Grace Thomas after winning Satori Contest
Meagan Wu poster for Dvorak Concerto performance with CYO
Ruslan watching his students perform during the competition
Zoe Lavoie-Gagne and Stephen Yang after winning Walker Competition
RUSLAN's STUDENTS | RECENT NEWS:
- Ruslan's student Nathan Le won 3rd Prize and Bronze Medal at the 8th International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow.Video below is Nathan's performance at the Big Hall of Tchaikovsky Moscow Conservatory (Tchaikovsky Competition Third Round)
CLICK HERE to watch Nathan's performance on youtube.com
- Darren Jiang, Daniel Yoo, Ethan Zhang, Sebastian Brumm, Andrew Yang were accepted for participation in the INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF MUSIC
in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, ITALY (Summer 2018). Click here for more info about the Festival.
- Ethan Zhang won 2nd Prize at the International American Protege Competition in New York, NY (February 2018)
- Edward Chang won principal cello position at the California School of the Arts Philharmonic
- Darren Jiang won 3rd Prize at the San Diego MTAC VOCE Competition (January 2018)
- Stephen Yang won 1st Prize at the Vienna International Music Competition and will perform at teh Vienna Musikverein on April 11, 2018
- Alex Hwang and Darren Jiang were accepted for participation in the X Intenational Youth Tchaikovsky Competition in Astana, Kazakhstan (Summer 2017)
- Emily Kang won American Prodigy International Competition in New York and had her debut performnace in Carnegie Hall in December 2017
- Nathan Le was accepted into Harward Univercity and New England Concervatory with full scholarships in both! (Summer 2017)
- Paul Maxwell won 3rd Prize at eth Goodlin Scholarship Competition in San Diego, CA (2016)
- Student Paul Maxwell won 1st Prize at the San Diego Symphony Concerto Competition and will perform Saent SAens cello concerto with SDYS on June 17, 2016
- Student Paul Maxwell won 1st Prize at the Inland Valley Symphony Concerto competition and soloed with IVS on March 17, 2016 in Temecula, CA
- Nathan Le won 1st Prize at the Young Musicians Foundation Scholarship Audition (2016)
- Nathan Le won 2nd Prize at the Occidental College Concerto Competition (2016)
- Ann Young won Principal Cellist Audition at the Arcadia High School
- Nathan Le performed a solo recital at the L'Ermitage Concert Series in Bevery Hills with pianist Robert Thies (2016)
- Ann Yeung won Grand Prize at the Satori Music Competition in Los Angeles (2015)
- Nathan Le was chosen finalist for teh Mondavi International Competition and From The Top TV Show with Christopher O'Riley (2015)
- Alex Hwang won Principal Cello Audition at the San Diego High School and was accepted for the participation at the X International Tchaikovsky Competition in Novosibirsk, Russia (2015)
- Nathan Li performed Haydn and Dvorak Cello concerti with Armenian State Symphony in Erevan, Armenia. First Lady of Armenian Republic was present at the concerts.
- Student Stephen Yang won First Prize in the Golden Era of Romantic Music Competition in New York and will perform in Carnegie Hall (NY) twice, on December 14 and December 20 (2014)
- Student Stephen Yang was announced Second Place Winner of the American Protege International Competition of Romantic Music, Stephen will perform in Carnegie Hall (NY) on December 20 (2014)
- Student Edward Chang won Principal Position with the First Avenue Middle School Symphony Orchestra (October 2014)
- Students Stephen Yang, Nathan Le, Zoe Lavoie-Gagne and Nathan Kim were accepted for participation in the 8th International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow (2014)
- Giuliana Hashemi-Asasi won Los Angeles Cello Society Competition (LAVS), 3rd Prize and was invited to participate in California Music Clinic in Cal State Fullerton (2014)
- Ann Yeung won 1st Prze at the South-West Bach Festival, 3rd Prize at the San Diego MTAC VOCE Competition and 1st Prize at the Satori Competition in Arcadia (2014)
- Meagan Wu won RB Chorale Scholarship Audition was appointed Principal Cellist for San Diego Youth Symphony (SDYS)
- Meagan Wu was accepted into Stanford University
- Zoe Lavoie-Gagne won 3rd Prize at the MTAC VOCE Competition in San Diego and performed at Carnegie Hall in New York on April 25, 2014
- Stephen Yang was appointed Assistant Principal Cellist for San Diego Youth Symphony (SDYS)
- Yurim (Rachel) Seo was accepted to Stanford University
- Zoe Lavoie-Gagne, Stephen Yang, Kobi Hsu and Jason Tong won 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prized respectively on John Walker Competition in Cal State Pomona.
- Meagan Wu, Zoe Lavoie-Gagne and Stephen Yang sucsessfuly toured Europe with Mozart Academy of Music (Germany).
- Meagan Wu sucsessfully performed Dvorak Cello Concerto with Civic Youth Orchestra (CYO) in Poway Center for the Arts
- Yurim (Rachel) Seo sucsessfully performed Shostakovich Cello Concerto No. 1 with Orange County Youth Symphony Orchestra (OCYSO) and gave World Premiere of Brendan McBrien "Convergence" for two celli with orchestra (Irvine High School Philharmonic Orchestra)
- Meagan Wu won 1st prizes on MTAC Concerto competition and Goodlin Scholarship Auditions.
- Meagan Wu, Kobi Hsu, Zoe Lavoie-Gagne and Stephen Yang were accepted into Summer Music Clinic in Cal State Fullerton
- Zoe Lavoie-Gagne received an invitation to participate in Summit Music Festival in New York
- Yurim (Rachel) Seo toured United Kingdom as Principal Cellist with Orange County Youth Symphony Orchestra (OCYSO)
- Zoe Lavoie-Gagne and Juiliana Hashemi-Asasi shared 1st Prize on Satori String Contest in Prodigy Category
- Jason Tong and Edward Chang won 1st and 2nd Prized respectively on Satori String Contest in Open Category.
- Ann Yeung, Grace Thomas and Vincent Sanches won 1st Prizes on Satori String Contest in Junior Category.
- Margaret Zhou's performance of Shostakovich Cello Concerto No.1 with La Jolla Symphony was published. Video is below or Click HERE to watch.
Sunday, September 23, 4:00pm
RUSLAN STUDENTS RECITAL
The Foundation Music Center Concert Hall
11526 Sorrento Valley Rd., Suite B
San Diego, CA 92121
Cho-Hyun Park | Yulia Atoyan
Ruslan Biryukov | Anne Suda
Free Admission, reception to follow.
POSTER CLICK HERE
INFO: +1(323) 445 6558
July 2012, Ruslan's STUDENTS collected 18 prizes (!!) on Satori String Competition in Arcadia, including the Grand Prize which was awarded to Yurim (Rachel) Seo.
In addition Ms. Seo won Irvine High School Philharmonic Orchestra and Orange County Youth Symphony Orchestra (OCYSO) Concerto competitions. Ms. Seo will perform World Premiere of Cocnerto for 2 Celli by Brendan McBrien with Irvine High School Philharmonic on March 13 and 24, as well as Shostakovich Cello Concerto #1 with Orange County Youth Symphony Orchestra on May 19. Congratulations!
Ruslan's student MEAGAN WU won First Prize and Judges' Distinction Award in the 2012 Protege International Music Talent Competition in New York & Second Prize at the 2012 Golden Era of Romantic Music International Competitions. As a winner of the competition Meagan performed Shostakovich Cello Concerto #1 in Carnegie Hall, NY on April 8, 2012 and will perform Dvorak Cello Concerto at Carnegie Hall during 2013 year concert season. Also Meagan booked a European tour for the Summer of 2013.
In addition, in January 2013 Meagan won Music Teachers Association of California Concerto Competition and will perform Dvorak Cello Concerto with Civic Youth Orchestra in Poway Symphony Hall,San Diego on June 8th.
Students Zoe Gagne(9 yrs) and Stephen Yang (12 yrs) were accepted into Califonia Music Clinic in Cal State Fullerton (CSUF) and invited to take part in the International Mozat Academy European Tour in July, 2013 (Germany and Spain).
Students David Mrdjenovich and Stephen Yu were accepted for participation in the inaugural PIATIGORSKY INTERNATIONAL CELLO FESTIVAL WORKSHOP FOR YOUNG CELLISTS in Los Angeles
Student Emily Balderrama entered Cal State Fullerton School of Music on full scholarship to study cello performance with Professor Bongshin Ko.
Ruslan was awarded Diploma of Recognition from the American Protege International Music Talent Competition in New York for the extraordinary achievemnts in the field of teaching music.
Please click on the picture below to view the Diploma!
Please visit our CALENDAR for upcoming list of Ruslan's student performances.
FEATURED STUDENT PERFORMANCES:
Sunday, May 27, 2018 @ 5pm
Student Recital at Foundation Arts and Music Center|
11526 Sorrento Valley Rd, Suite B
San Diego, CA 92121
Free Admission and Reception
June 23, 2018 @ 7:30 PM
Student Ethan Zhang Debut Performance at the Carnegie Hall|
881 7th Ave, New York, NY 10019
New York, NY
June 27 -July 8, 2018
International Festival in Italy|
INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF MUSIC
Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, Italy
Students Darren Jiang, Ethan Zhang, Sebastian Brumm, Daniel Yoo
More info: International Academy of Music in ITALY